Institute of Surface Science and Technology
Laboratory of Electrochemical Engineering and Materials
【General introduction of the research group】
The Laboratory of Electrochemical Engineering and Materials is the main research apartment of the Center for Corrosion and Protection of University of Science and Technology Beijing, Beijing Key Laboratory of Corrosion Abrasive and Surface Technology, Beijing Surface Nanotechnology Engineering Research Center, and Institute of Surface Science and Technology of Institute for Advanced Materials and Technology. It mainly engaged in the following research areas: corrosion resistant materials, functional materials, aerospace materials development, material corrosion and protective behavior mechanism, design and development of new electronic, microwave/optical, absorbing, micro-refrigerated components, materials/nanomaterials electrochemical preparation and application, advanced surface technology/surface nano-engineering, energy-saving and environmentally friendly hydrometallurgical new technology, new energy materials, sewage electrochemical treatment technology, oil and gas exploration and transportation refining, aerospace/aviation/armament/ocean/ thermal power corrosion and control of (super) critical environment service equipment, material residual strength and life assessment, software system development and other research. Since 2000, it has undertaken more than 60 national, provincial and enterprise cooperation projects, including national major science and technology projects, “973” plan, “863” plan, national science and technology support plan, natural science fund key/face/youth project, education Ministry of Technology/Beijing Major Science and Technology Project, State Administration of Safety/Defence Science and Technology Commission Project, Beijing/Guangdong Province Industry, Education and Research Major Project, Sinopec/China Petroleum/Chinalco/Aerospace Science and Technology Group and other scientific and technological projects.
There are currently 3 teachers in the research group: 2 professors/doctoral supervisors, 1 associate professor/master supervisor. Since 2000, more than 180 Ph.D and master students have been trained. Now there are more than 40 postdoctoral, doctoral and master students. The research group also recruits academic and professional degree masters.
The name of academic degree masters is material science and engineering, and the research directions are: 1) electrochemical engineering and materials; 2) material corrosion and protection; 3) preparation and property of nanomaterials; 4) electromagnetic functional materials and devices; 5) functional coating layer materials and technology; 6) functional materials and their service behavior; 7) new battery and supercapacitor materials; 8) functional film materials; 9) material surface chemistry and technology; 10) surface nanotechnology; 11) nanometers, functions, structures, high temperature resistant materials and their service behavior.
The name of professional degree masters is material engineering, and the research directions are: 1) material corrosion and control engineering; 2) engineering materials and service behavior; 3) electromagnetic functional materials and devices; 4) reaction synthesis and nanomaterials; 5) functional film materials; 6) energy materials.
Research Office Address: South Side, 2nd Floor, Corrosion and Protection Center, University of Science and Technology Beijing
Teacher office：Room 223，Phone：010-62332548，e-mail：email@example.com
Student office：Room 221，Phone：010-62332067
【Introduction of lab members】
Huimin Meng, Professor, doctoral supervisor
Yang Bai, Research fellow, doctoral supervisor
Xudong Wang, Associate professor, Master supervisor
1、Corrosion and Control/Residual Strength and Life Assessment/Software System Development in aerospace/aviation/armament/oil and gas exploration and transportation refining/steel metallurgy/ocean
Main research: Corrosion failure rules, detection and evaluation methods, risk assessment techniques, service life prediction of industrial equipment and corrosion control methods for aerospace/aviation/armament/oil and gas exploration and transportation/steel metallurgy/ocean and other application fields, development of application software systems.
2、Preparation of functional materials/nanomaterials and design of new components
Main research: functional ceramics and new electronic components, electromagnetic and multiphysics supermaterials and new microwave/optical devices, ferroelectric refrigeration materials research and micro-refrigerators, ferrite soft magnetic materials and absorbing devices, iron materials Multi-field coupling response and its environmental fracture mechanism; electrochemical method: metal-alloy nano-powder material liquid phase reduction preparation, amorphous nanocrystalline material, bulk amorphous and thin film amorphous material electrochemical preparation and molding technology, the application of functional materials such as amorphous and amorphous nanocrystalline composite materials and nanomaterials.
3、Advanced surface technology/surface nanotechnology
Research and development of various surface technologies for corrosion resistance, wear resistance and functionality, including: electrochemical deposition, chemical deposition, reaction sintering, thermal spraying, nanocomposite organic coating and other surface technologies, mainly research: high catalytic activity of nano crystal oxide coating sintering technology, functional amorphous nanocrystalline composite coating electrochemical deposition technology, high corrosion resistance and wear resistance nano-reinforced amorphous composite coating thermal spraying technology, rapid injection/spray molding environmentally friendly nanocomposite polymerization amide/polyurea coatings, protective coatings for satellite spacecraft, engine blades, high-altitude aircraft thermal protection materials.
4、Corrosion and evaluation techniques for materials in complex multi-phase and harsh environments
Main research: Corrosion process of multiphase flow system in oil and gas production and transportation refining process, spacecraft cosmic environment material or protective coating failure process, turbine erosion corrosion and cavitation corrosion process in large water conservancy project, thermal power, etc. Super-critical multi-phase and material corrosion and detection and evaluation techniques in harsh environments, corrosion-accelerated simulation methods for marine, aerospace, oil and gas exploration, transportation and refining, marine corrosion simulation models, single-cavity corrosion test devices.
５、Research on new energy, new technology and new equipment for environmental protection of new energy and sewage
The main research: clean high-efficiency electrolytic seawater hydrogen production electrode new materials and electrolyzers, oxygen cathode method energy-saving preparation of electrolytic manganese dioxide new electrode materials, new processes and new devices, 500F/g grade high specific capacitance low-cost electrode new material preparation and electrochemical supercapacitor products, solar cell glass high light self-cleaning nano-protective liquid materials and coating process, localization of long-life protective coatings for wind power generation blades, new materials, new technologies and materials for refractory organic wastewater electrolysis treatment nano effect.
• Feasibility study on the use of lunar in situ resources, Shanghai Academy of Spaceflight Technology, director Wang Xudong
• Research on the material protection technology of manned lunar vehicles, Shanghai Academy of Spaceflight Technology, director Wang Xudong
• Study on the structure-activity relationship between macroscopic properties and microscopic mechanisms of paint materials in space environment, the National Defense Science and Technology Key Laboratory Open Fund Project, director Wang Xudong
• Research on galvanic corrosion compatibility selection technology for spacecraft dissimilar materials, the General Equipment Department, director Wang Xudong
• Research on environmental adaptability evaluation of spacecraft and ground equipment for the third phase of the lunar exploration, Shanghai Academy of Spaceflight Technology, director Wang Xudong
• Magnesium alloy surface anti-corrosion and integration with conductive and thermal control functions, national key research and development plan project, responsible person Wang Xudong
• Multi-factor coupling acceleration simulation experiment technology for material environmental failure process, national key research and development plan project, responsible person Wang Xudong
• Research on safety evaluation and protection technology of high-strength fasteners for nuclear power plants, project of Suzhou Thermal Engineering Research Institute, head of Wang Xudong
• Research on service evaluation of protective layer of high-speed rail high-performance traction power supply system, national major science and technology special project, responsible person Meng Huimin
• Fundamental research on key technologies for corrosion and protection of marine engineering equipment materials (mechanical-electrochemical mechanism research on abrasion process in marine environment), national “973” project (project), responsible person Meng Huimin
• Research on the law of electrolysis of manganese dioxide by oxygen cathode method, the National Natural Science Foundation of China, responsible person Meng Huimin
• Soil corrosion and service life study of water-jet ductile iron pipe, responsible person Meng Huimin
• The Central Organization Department “Millions of People – Young Talents”, responsible person Bai Yang
• Ministry of Education “New Century Excellent Talent Support Program”, responsible person Bai Yang
• Symmetry breaking of ceramic-based meta-media and multi-modulation of graphene, the National Natural Science Foundation of China, responsible person Bai Yang
• Research on the influence law and mechanism of the electric card effect of quasi-homogeneous phase boundary ferroelectric materials, the National Natural Science Foundation of China, responsible person Bai Yang
• Study on the electrokinetic effect of ferroelectric thick film electrocards under multi-field coupling conditions, National Natural Science Foundation of China, responsible person Bai Yang
• Study on the electromagnetic properties of left-handed materials for ferroelectric ferromagnetic composites in the field, National Natural Science Foundation of China, responsible person Bai Yang